Sunday, March 1, 2009

CDEX Charity Run

Sometimes when excitement rushes into our brain, when our ears were deceived with unrealistic facts from devils, we could make terrible decision. That's what happened to me last Friday. I was about to join a 3km fun run just for charity purpose. But all my other friends insist to join the 7km competition run. First thought in my mind, " Hei, that's crazy. i might fainted half way...." Maybe my mind was not strong enough to keep my own decision, or maybe is because of the encouragement from friends, whatever, At the end, i signed up for the 7km run. At the very beginning after i signed up, i already never expect any winning. Its for charity thou, so i guess people would just take part for fun, ya know, a relaxing and enjoyable run, and not for the sake of prizes.

The night before the run, i starting to have something else in my mind. What will happen if i am so unfortunate and get the last place? What if i am the last person who pass through every check point? Are they going to stare at me with angry eyeballs? Will they throw harsh words on me such as..." Hei, loser! Run faster la, you are the f**king last person already! " It might happened, ya know, supposedly they can finish their job earlier. But because of me, they have to delay their job. All the frustration, unsatisfactory will surely affect their emotion. My fear is growing stronger inside me and the word "last" keep emerge in my mind.

We reached engine fac at around 730am in the morning. When i proceed to the registration counter, i saw many people already waiting there and preparing for their run. Based on their outfit, body shape, the way they do warm up, body stretching and my personal experience, i confirm that they are professional runners. At this moment, fear had filled all over my heart. "This is so shit, I'm going to finish last! God bless me.." I am so regret of taking part in this race.

When the race started, Kar Chun, Joon Leong and Hen Yeong dash so fast like that were free lunch in front. Within a minute, i lost sight of them. Left only me behind running alone. I start running slowly, practice a rhythm while breathing. I told myself that i have to at least run to Sanga Bahasa before i slow down. And i did it. Yes, mission accomplished! But at this point, my body was already exhausted. Crap, its not even half way yet!? i stop running and i decided to start walking with constant speed. When my stamina recovered, i start walking with a faster speed. I saw some people already give up half way. I keep remind myself, "don't give up, finish it at least." Finally, i did manage to finish the race in around 1 hour. Kar Chun was the best among us, his record was 31mins. Salute!

There was one interesting part while i was walking at the main campus guard house. There was an ambulance from pusat kesihatan keep following me for quite a distance. Like i was going to fainted or what...lol. Anyway, great run!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is a journey.Life is lika a puzzle which need to put it part by part.For the run,it is "short" in term of our life journey is still have a long long way to run.Hope that in every moment in your life you get to experience with difference feeling,excitedment and joy =)the theme for charity run is very suit "run for miles, spread the love".enjoy ur life journey with full bag of love =)all the best

Anonymous said...

yeah ! The my favourite blogger Mr Chan Wei Jian had another fantastic article again. Altought it's a bit bullshit, but I m just loving it ! Keep it up dude. Always support u !
From ur lovely fren alamiao

Anonymous said...

hahaha...
ur no. is 54..
won't die de...
hahaha... at least u manage to finish!
great job!!! hahaha...

and ur english improved le...
ahaha

Post a Comment